We are happy to announce that the 2020 nominations to the Council of Competitive Intelligence Fellows is now open! If you know of a practitioner who has made significant contribution to competitive intelligence discipline, please consider nominating this individual. Please review the selection criteria, below, and submit your completed nomination by Tuesday, July 7, 2020.
Requirements of CI Fellowship Candidates
- Candidate shares our principles and behaviors, including, but not limited to:
- Is willing, able, and has a strong desire to continue to support the discipline of competitive intelligence.
- Has advanced, nurtured, and promoted the intelligence discipline.
- Has contributed to intelligence knowledge through original research, publication, and/or presentations.
- Has applied new intelligence knowledge in practical and valuable ways.
- Is viewed as a valuable source of intelligence expertise and experience by others in the field.
- Candidate is an active participant in the competitive intelligence discipline for five years or more.
- Candidate is practicing (or has practiced) the intelligence discipline in an ethical manner.
- Candidate must demonstrate or exhibit the core principles of the Council (i.e., ACME mission) and has not engaged in efforts that could diminish, weaken or otherwise harm the Council, its mission, the overall CI discipline, or those being served.
- Candidate has an individual willing to nominate the candidate and to submit a complete nomination package with supporting materials by the nomination deadline.
- Candidate has two other individuals to serve as Endorsers who agree to personally attest (in writing) to the importance of the candidate’s contribution to the CI discipline.
Note: To honor our emphasis on ethical practices, the Selections Committee does not consider nominations with potential conflicts of interest. Anyone who is a Board member or director of an association, institute, or affiliate in the CI or related field that collects membership dues or other revenue for its commercial interest is ineligible for nomination. Once this person no longer serves in this leadership position, the individual may be eligible.
- The Nominator or either of the Endorsers must be a Participating CI Fellow. (CI Fellows membership list)
- Nominators must initiate the nomination and submit all contact and profile information using the following nomination form.
- Nominators and Endorsers must also submit all supporting materials outlined at the end of the nomination form. Please be prepared to describe your nominees’s:
- CI Career Summary.
- CI Fellows Qualifications Summary, including the nominee’s contributions during the past 5 years in the Council’s mission as Ambassadors, Champions, Mentors, and Educators (ACME).
- Other noteworthy accomplishments and contribution to individual CI practices and to the CI community.
- How the nominee would contribute to the Council’s ACME mission, the intelligence body of knowledge, and to the practice of competitive intelligence.
- The candidate’s practice of collegiality.
- A Nominator and Endorser may not be in the employ of the same organization.
- An Endorser cannot be a workplace report or other subordinate (workplace or educational) to the candidate.
- Incomplete or late nomination packages will not be considered.
Selection does not guarantee Fellowship in the Council. A selected candidate will become a Competitive Intelligence Fellow only upon completion of the induction process and participation in the Council’s induction ceremony. The induction process involves:
- A selected candidate’s timely acceptance letter to the Council President’s offer to join the Council of Competitive Intelligence Fellows and
- The timely submission of any additional information and materials required for induction and Council administration.